Some of us are just born to write! You can see my 23 books here, including collections of poetry, two novels, several memoirs, and many anthologies she's edited or co-edited. Here's all the books.
Essays, Poems, Podcasts & Videos
Featured Essays & Interviews:
- Two of Caryn's core essays: "Write from the Earth" and "Swimming in a Pool of Words: Community Writing Workshops"
- “Why I’m a Transformative Language Artist” in Huffington Post
- "A Profile of Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg" by Nicholas Howard in Hunger Mountain
- Negative Capability Press Interview with Amelia Looney
- "The Scars That Bind" in Hematopoiesis
- “The Imaginary Friend of the Page” in Stories to Empower and Inspire
- "Three Ways to Save the Writing Voice You Never Really Lost" in Huffington Post
- “To Make a Prairie: Founding Transformative Language Arts" in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- "'When the Dying Has Begun': Death, Grief, and Poetry" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and John Willison in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- SheWrites: Caryn has a bunch of articles about the writing life here, including writing real people, book tours, finishing and starting a book, and cultivating your practice and imagination.
- Writing and Yoga links
- Featured poet in Mockingheart Review
- “Blizzard Laureate” in Poetry Foundation
- Three Poems in River City Poetry
- "What the Sky is Made Of" and "You Rise Up to Meet the Falling World" in Terrain Magazine
- Interview and Four Poems in Connotation Press
- Four Poems in Kansas Poets
- Three Poems in Futures Trading
- "I Want to Tell You How Beautiful You Are" with writing prompt in Survivor's Review
Featured Songs, Podcasts & Videos:
- Watch a video of Kelley Hunt performing "You've Got To Be the Vessel," co-written with Caryn. Songs co-written by Kelley Hunt & Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg,: Kelley performing “Land of Milk & Honey,” “Too Much History,” "Love," and “These Are the Days.“
- Caryn has been featured on KPR Presents several times for her poetry, collaboratives with Kelley Hunt, and other books. You can access programs here.
- New Letters on the Air Interview
- Interview on KCUR Radio
- Miriam's Well Podcasts & Interviews: The Exodus, Midrash, and Miriam's Well: Podcast with Rabbi Mark LevinMiriam's Well: A Modern Day Exodus, Finding the Promised Land in the Exodus of Our Times: Podcast with Rabbi Lori Wynters, Miriam and the New York City Blackout (excerpt from Chapter One)
- A Ritual to Read Together: Poems in Conversation with William Stafford edited by Becca J.R. Lachman, “Talking to Stafford Late at Night”
- Expressive Writing: Classroom and Community, edited by Kathleen Adams, "Seeing the World the Way It Is: Transformative Language Arts as Calling and Practice"
- "Happiness" and "What I Could Tell" in Give Me Your Lunch Money: Heartland Poets Speak Out Against Bullies, edited by Dennis Etzel, Jr. and Lindsey Martin-Bowen
- Yes Magazine -- “Love Leads Into Mystery: The Heartbreak and Hope of Raising a Child With Asperger’s”
- My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising a Kids with Disabilities, “Dragonflies and Inky Darkness: Raising a Child with Asperger's.”
- Wisdom Has a Voice: Every Daughter's Memories of Mother, edited by Kate Ferrell, "Introduction: Mother Loss"
- Urban Voices: 51 Poems from 51 American Poets, edited by Joyce Brinkman, and Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda.
"Caryn Miriam Goldberg gives voice to what can't be put into words, she sets us free of old paradigms, she writes like a dream.” -- Julia Alvarez, author, In the Time of the Butterflies
"Caryn's poems are silver threads that weave through the darkening sky and gates and light unspooling from the heart’s loom a dream of joy and ancestral echoes." -- Jimmy Santiago Baca, author, A Place to Stand
"Poem on the Range is a needed guide for all those who work for the arts. It’s a gift to all who glory in a place they’ve made home." -- Dick Allen, Connecticut State Poet Laureate, 2010-2015
"Many thanks to Caryn for these beautiful lessons in living, really living from a poet laureate who reminds you of your best friend. It's wonderful to feel so deeply inspired by a world that feels so deeply familiar." -- Dar Williams, Singer-songwriter
“How any of us weather the darkening climate of these times is a wonder; it is such poetry as this that help us breathe." -- David Abram, author, The Spell of the Sensuous
"Mirriam-Goldberg is a master of the paradoxical as she gifts the reader with insights that are at once disconcerting and comforting; as she holds joy and grief in the same hand, and asks us to trust the maker of these poems—her courage, her wisdom, and her truthtelling, as if she's lived infinity." -- Maureen Seaton, author, Sex Talks to Girls: A Memoir
"Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg is a wise, witty, and wry poet." -- Alicia Ostriker, author, The Little Space
Be a Patron
You can help me create more transformative writing, workshops, and a new podcast series on the power of word for as little as $3/month. In return, you receive cool perks (books, poems written just for you, and more), early access to my new work, weekly writing life inspirations, and an in-depth writing guide just for you. More here.