Some of us are just born to write! You can see my 23 books here, including collections of poetry, two novels, several memoirs, and many anthologies she's edited or co-edited. Here's all the books.
Essays, Poems, Podcasts & Videos
Featured Essays & Interviews:
- Two of Caryn's core essays: "Write from the Earth" and "Swimming in a Pool of Words: Community Writing Workshops"
- “Why I’m a Transformative Language Artist” in Huffington Post
- "A Profile of Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg" by Nicholas Howard in Hunger Mountain
- Negative Capability Press Interview with Amelia Looney
- "The Scars That Bind" in Hematopoiesis
- “The Imaginary Friend of the Page” in Stories to Empower and Inspire
- "Three Ways to Save the Writing Voice You Never Really Lost" in Huffington Post
- “To Make a Prairie: Founding Transformative Language Arts" in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- "'When the Dying Has Begun': Death, Grief, and Poetry" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and John Willison in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- SheWrites: Caryn has a bunch of articles about the writing life here, including writing real people, book tours, finishing and starting a book, and cultivating your practice and imagination.
- Writing and Yoga links
- Featured poet in Mockingheart Review
- “Blizzard Laureate” in Poetry Foundation
- Three Poems in River City Poetry
- "What the Sky is Made Of" and "You Rise Up to Meet the Falling World" in Terrain Magazine
- Interview and Four Poems in Connotation Press
- Four Poems in Kansas Poets
- Three Poems in Futures Trading
- "I Want to Tell You How Beautiful You Are" with writing prompt in Survivor's Review
Featured Songs, Podcasts & Videos:
- Watch a video of Kelley Hunt performing "You've Got To Be the Vessel," co-written with Caryn. Songs co-written by Kelley Hunt & Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg,: Kelley performing “Land of Milk & Honey,” “Too Much History,” "Love," and “These Are the Days.“
- Caryn has been featured on KPR Presents several times for her poetry, collaboratives with Kelley Hunt, and other books. You can access programs here.
- New Letters on the Air Interview
- Interview on KCUR Radio
- Miriam's Well Podcasts & Interviews: The Exodus, Midrash, and Miriam's Well: Podcast with Rabbi Mark LevinMiriam's Well: A Modern Day Exodus, Finding the Promised Land in the Exodus of Our Times: Podcast with Rabbi Lori Wynters, Miriam and the New York City Blackout (excerpt from Chapter One)
- A Ritual to Read Together: Poems in Conversation with William Stafford edited by Becca J.R. Lachman, “Talking to Stafford Late at Night”
- Expressive Writing: Classroom and Community, edited by Kathleen Adams, "Seeing the World the Way It Is: Transformative Language Arts as Calling and Practice"
- "Happiness" and "What I Could Tell" in Give Me Your Lunch Money: Heartland Poets Speak Out Against Bullies, edited by Dennis Etzel, Jr. and Lindsey Martin-Bowen
- Yes Magazine -- “Love Leads Into Mystery: The Heartbreak and Hope of Raising a Child With Asperger’s”
- My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising a Kids with Disabilities, “Dragonflies and Inky Darkness: Raising a Child with Asperger's.”
- Wisdom Has a Voice: Every Daughter's Memories of Mother, edited by Kate Ferrell, "Introduction: Mother Loss"
- Urban Voices: 51 Poems from 51 American Poets, edited by Joyce Brinkman, and Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda.
"Caryn Miriam Goldberg gives voice to what can't be put into words, she sets us free of old paradigms, she writes like a dream.” -- Julia Alvarez, author, In the Time of the Butterflies
"Caryn's poems are silver threads that weave through the darkening sky and gates and light unspooling from the heart’s loom a dream of joy and ancestral echoes." -- Jimmy Santiago Baca, author, A Place to Stand
"Poem on the Range is a needed guide for all those who work for the arts. It’s a gift to all who glory in a place they’ve made home." -- Dick Allen, Connecticut State Poet Laureate, 2010-2015
"Many thanks to Caryn for these beautiful lessons in living, really living from a poet laureate who reminds you of your best friend. It's wonderful to feel so deeply inspired by a world that feels so deeply familiar." -- Dar Williams, Singer-songwriter
“How any of us weather the darkening climate of these times is a wonder; it is such poetry as this that help us breathe." -- David Abram, author, The Spell of the Sensuous
"Mirriam-Goldberg is a master of the paradoxical as she gifts the reader with insights that are at once disconcerting and comforting; as she holds joy and grief in the same hand, and asks us to trust the maker of these poems—her courage, her wisdom, and her truthtelling, as if she's lived infinity." -- Maureen Seaton, author, Sex Talks to Girls: A Memoir
"Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg is a wise, witty, and wry poet." -- Alicia Ostriker, author, The Little Space
Be a Patron
You can help me create more transformative writing, workshops, and a new podcast series on the power of word for as little as $3/month. In return, you receive cool perks (books, poems written just for you, and more), early access to my new work, weekly writing life inspirations, and an in-depth writing guide just for you. More here.
Subscribe to the Writing Life
Keep up with news of upcoming workshops, readings, and happenings, plus writing tips, writers, or other surprises. Click here.