Some of us are just born to write! You can see Caryn's 23 books here, including collections of poetry, two novels, several memoirs, and many anthologies she's edited or co-edited. Here's all the books.
Check Out Engaging Essays, Poems, Podcasts & Videos
Featured Essays & Interviews:
- Two of Caryn's core essays: "Write from the Earth" and "Swimming in a Pool of Words: Community Writing Workshops"
- “Why I’m a Transformative Language Artist” in Huffington Post
- "A Profile of Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg" by Nicholas Howard in Hunger Mountain
- Negative Capability Press Interview with Amelia Looney
- "The Scars That Bind" in Hematopoiesis
- “The Imaginary Friend of the Page” in Stories to Empower and Inspire
- "Writing the Hard Stuff" in Writers Inspired
- "Take Down the Bras and Really Work for a Cure" in Huffington Post
- “Poet Laureate in Limbo” in Huffington Post
- "Three Ways to Save the Writing Voice You Never Really Lost" in Huffington Post
- Swimming in a Big Pool of Words: The Power of Community Writing Workshops
- Write from the Earth
- “Finding Our People: A Short History of the Power of Words Conference” in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- “To Make a Prairie: Founding Transformative Language Arts" in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- "A Conversation about Right Livelihood and Transformative Language Arts" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg & Laura Packer in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- "'When the Dying Has Begun': Death, Grief, and Poetry" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and John Willison in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- SheWrites: Caryn has a bunch of articles about the writing life here, including writing real people, book tours, finishing and starting a book, and cultivating your practice and imagination.
- More on The Writing Life in Caryn’s blog, including posts on writing, publishing, touring, readings, and resilience.
- Writing and Yoga links
- “Blizzard Laureate” in Poetry Foundation
- Three Poems in River City Poetry
- "The Thread" in Poetry Bay
- "What the Sky is Made Of" and "You Rise Up to Meet the Falling World" in Terrain Magazine
- Interview and Four Poems in Connotation Press
- Four Poems in Kansas Poets
- Three Poems in Futures Trading
- "Supercell" and Interview in Zingara Poetry Review
- "Valentine" in Zingara Poetry Review
- Poems in Songs of Eretz Poetry Review
- Poems Published in Heartland! 150 Kansas Poems
- "I Want to Tell You How Beautiful You Are" with writing prompt in Survivor's Review
Featured Songs, Podcasts & Videos:
- Watch a video of Kelley Hunt performing "You've Got To Be the Vessel," co-written with Caryn. Songs co-written by Kelley Hunt & Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg,: Kelley performing “Land of Milk & Honey,” “Too Much History,” "Love," and “These Are the Days.“
- Caryn has been featured on KPR Presents several times for her poetry, collaboratives with Kelley Hunt, and other books. You can access programs here.
- New Letters on the Air Interview
- Interview with Lydia Lowe at Hutchinson Arts Center (video)
- Interview on KCUR Radio
- Miriam's Well Podcasts & Interviews: The Exodus, Midrash, and Miriam's Well: Podcast with Rabbi Mark LevinMiriam's Well: A Modern Day Exodus, Finding the Promised Land in the Exodus of Our Times: Podcast with Rabbi Lori Wynters, Miriam and the New York City Blackout (excerpt from Chapter One)
- A Ritual to Read Together: Poems in Conversation with William Stafford edited by Becca J.R. Lachman, “Talking to Stafford Late at Night”
- Expressive Writing: Classroom and Community, edited by Kathleen Adams, "Seeing the World the Way It Is: Transformative Language Arts as Calling and Practice"
- "Happiness" and "What I Could Tell" in Give Me Your Lunch Money: Heartland Poets Speak Out Against Bullies, edited by Dennis Etzel, Jr. and Lindsey Martin-Bowen
- The Promise of Peace: Words of Wisdom, Work, and Wonder, edited by Lyn Ford and Sherry Norfolk “Ripples and Intersections: Two Meditations on Poetry and Peace”
- Yes Magazine -- “Love Leads Into Mystery: The Heartbreak and Hope of Raising a Child With Asperger’s”
- My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising a Kids with Disabilities, “Dragonflies and Inky Darkness: Raising a Child with Asperger's.”
- Wisdom Has a Voice: Every Daughter's Memories of Mother, edited by Kate Ferrell, "Introduction: Mother Loss"
- Timely....Timeless: Twenty-Five Years of Eighth Day Books, “Heaven Right Over the Threshold”
- Urban Voices: 51 Poems from 51 American Poets, edited by Joyce Brinkman, and Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda.
Please Support Me on Patreon
You can help create more transformative writing, workshops, and a new podcast series on the power of words. Please consider supporting my Patreon campaign for as little as $3/month. In return, you receive cool perks (books, poems written just for you, and more), early access to my new work, and weekly inspirations to spark your creativity. Also, all patrons get a beautiful writing guide I created just for you, Writing Your Truest Stories, full of 50 writing prompts and lots of help for writing about hard stuff, getting started and keeping going, finding your people and way to publication. More here.