Check Out Engaging Essays, Poems, Podcasts & Videos
Featured Essays & Interviews:
- “Why I’m a Transformative Language Artist” in Huffington Post
- Negative Capability Press Interview with Amelia Looney
- "The Scars That Bind" in Hematopoiesis
- “The Imaginary Friend of the Page” in Stories to Empower and Inspire
- "Writing the Hard Stuff" in Writers Inspired
- "Take Down the Bras and Really Work for a Cure" in Huffington Post
- “Poet Laureate in Limbo” in Huffington Post
- "Three Ways to Save the Writing Voice You Never Really Lost" in Huffington Post
- Swimming in a Big Pool of Words: The Power of Community Writing Workshops
- Write from the Earth
- “Finding Our People: A Short History of the Power of Words Conference” in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- “To Make a Prairie: Founding Transformative Language Arts" in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts,
- "A Conversation about Right Livelihood and Transformative Language Arts" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg & Laura Packer in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- "'When the Dying Has Begun': Death, Grief, and Poetry" by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and John Willison in Chrysalis: A Journal of Transformative Language Arts
- SheWrites: Caryn has a bunch of articles about the writing life here, including writing real people, book tours, finishing and starting a book, and cultivating your practice and imagination.
- More on The Writing Life in Caryn’s blog, including posts on writing, publishing, touring, readings, and resilience.
- Writing and Yoga links
- “Blizzard Laureate” in Poetry Foundation
- Three Poems in River City Poetry
- "The Thread" in Poetry Bay
- "What the Sky is Made Of" and "You Rise Up to Meet the Falling World" in Terrain Magazine
- Interview and Four Poems in Connotation Press
- Four Poems in Kansas Poets
- Three Poems in Futures Trading
- "Supercell" and Interview in Zingara Poetry Review
- "Valentine" in Zingara Poetry Review
- Poems in Songs of Eretz Poetry Review
- Poems Published in Heartland! 150 Kansas Poems
- "I Want to Tell You How Beautiful You Are" with writing prompt in Survivor's Review
Featured Songs, Podcasts & Videos:
- Watch a video of Kelley Hunt performing "You've Got To Be the Vessel," co-written with Caryn. Songs co-written by Kelley Hunt & Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg,: Kelley performing “Land of Milk & Honey,” “Too Much History,” "Love," and “These Are the Days.“
- Caryn has been featured on KPR Presents several times for her poetry, collaboratives with Kelley Hunt, and other books. You can access programs here.
- New Letters on the Air Interview
- Interview with Lydia Lowe at Hutchinson Arts Center (video)
- Interview on KCUR Radio
- Miriam's Well Podcasts & Interviews: The Exodus, Midrash, and Miriam's Well: Podcast with Rabbi Mark Levin
Miriam's Well: A Modern Day Exodus, Finding the Promised Land in the Exodus of Our Times: Podcast with Rabbi Lori Wynters, Miriam and the New York City Blackout (excerpt from Chapter One)
- A Ritual to Read Together: Poems in Conversation with William Stafford edited by Becca J.R. Lachman, “Talking to Stafford Late at Night”
- Expressive Writing: Classroom and Community, edited by Kathleen Adams, "Seeing the World the Way It Is: Transformative Language Arts as Calling and Practice"
- "Happiness" and "What I Could Tell" in Give Me Your Lunch Money: Heartland Poets Speak Out Against Bullies, edited by Dennis Etzel, Jr. and Lindsey Martin-Bowen
- The Promise of Peace: Words of Wisdom, Work, and Wonder, edited by Lyn Ford and Sherry Norfolk “Ripples and Intersections: Two Meditations on Poetry and Peace”
- Yes Magazine -- “Love Leads Into Mystery: The Heartbreak and Hope of Raising a Child With Asperger’s”
- My Baby Rides the Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising a Kids with Disabilities, “Dragonflies and Inky Darkness: Raising a Child with Asperger's.”
- Wisdom Has a Voice: Every Daughter's Memories of Mother, edited by Kate Ferrell, "Introduction: Mother Loss"
- Timely....Timeless: Twenty-Five Years of Eighth Day Books, “Heaven Right Over the Threshold”
- Urban Voices: 51 Poems from 51 American Poets, edited by Joyce Brinkman, and Carolyn Kreiter-Foronda.
June 23, 2018 - 2:00pm
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library 1515 SW 10th Ave
June 23, 2018 - 7:00pm
Temple Beth Sholom, 4200 SW Munson
June 30, 2018 - 10:00am
Temple B'Nai Israel, 4901 N. Pennsylvania
Oklahoma City, OK
June 30, 2018 - 4:00pm
Watermark Bookstore, 4701 E. Douglas
Wichita, KS 67218
July 8, 2018 - 10:00am
Temple Ohev Shalom, 5711 W. 75th St.
Prairie Village, KS 66208
July 13, 2018 - 7:00pm
Mojo Coffee Gallery, 2205 California St.
August 3, 2018 - 5:30pm
Burkholder Project, 719 P Street Haymarket District
September 20, 2018 -
September 13, 2018 - 4:00pm
September 27, 2018 - 6:30pm
Basehor Community Library 1400 158th St.